Monday, May 3, 2010

The Man Who Can't Be Moved Ch 25 Teaser

This is part of the photo shoot :)

--

"I hate you."

He gave me a devastating smile that would normally have me dragging him into a dark corner so that I could sate the ache it caused inside me and pulled at the cuffs of his suit. "No, you don't."

"Yes, I do." I pulled up the poufy white fabric of my dress so that I could walk and stomped toward him. "I look like a fucking fuzzy marshmallow." I glanced down and decided "marshmallow" was not the right word. "I look like a Yeti. A God damned snow beast."

He laughed. "You look like a bride. My bride."

"You can guarantee I won't be caught dead in something this... hideous on our wedding day."

He adjusted his tie and walked a circle around me as his eyes raked over the dress; he laughed again. "It's..." He shook his head. "I've no words."

"I hate you," I repeated with a snarl.

"Hate is such a strong word."

"I'm staying at my place tonight. And you're not allowed."

He cupped the back of my neck and bent to nuzzle my neck before trailing open-mouthed kisses over my exposed collar bone. I nearly purred through my anger. "You're delusional. And quite stunning as a fuzzy marshmallow. I could devour you right here in front of all these people." He sighed and pulled away. "The sooner we start the shoot, the sooner you can go home and pout."

I almost pouted, but I caught myself. "Good." I grabbed the dress and somehow made my way to the photographer without stumbling over the monstrosity I was wearing.

I walked over to the rail and stared out at the city below. Edward came over and leaned against the railing, glancing over at me and chuckling to himself. Click.

"Am I that ugly?" I asked, arching my brow and trying not to smile back.

He rolled his eyes. "I know this isn't something you'd normally choose for yourself, but you look extremely glamorous and very Hollywood. It simply reinforces the feeling that you belong with me." He stared out into the distance and let me ponder that.

"I do belong with you," I whispered suddenly.

"And yet you hate me," he teased.

I simply laughed.

He held his hand out to me. "Come, let’s get this over with so that you can change out of that God-awful dress. I might just go blind having to look at it for the next hour."

"Asshole," I replied, taking his hand.

1 comments:

gossip_bangkok said...

hahahaahaha! I love it! ;)
Thank you so much Jen!! :)
I'm going to go smile at Rob's photos now..
god, I sound stalkerish...
but this teaser made me think of Rob.. smiling in a tux... *dies*
Can't wait for the chapter!

Post a Comment