Monday, November 22, 2010

The Man Who Can't Be Moved Ch 44 Teaser




Le sigh... Ahem. Moving on now.

--

“Wait, where do you want to put this one?” Bella asked, giggling as she held up the massive white platter she’d just unwrapped. Thank God we were nearly done with unpacking. Two weeks of living out of boxes had nearly driven me mad.

“I don’t bloody know,” I replied, scanning the kitchen and trying to think of where an empty spot was in the cupboards. “We brought entirely too much shit with us.”

Her giggles turned into full-blown laughter, and before I knew it, she was doubled over herself, laughing hysterically.

“Give me that glass,” I chuckled, snatching the rest of her wine away from her and gulping it down. “Mixing alcohol with your medication was obviously a terrible idea.”

“Edward,” she whined. “It’s good wine. Your mom buys some awesome shit.”

“What’s the proof on this?” I mumbled, holding the bottle up to my face so I could read it. “I can’t focus without my glasses.”

“You’re drunk too,” she said, laughing more.

“I’m not,” I argued. “I’m old, remember?”

She snorted and fell back onto the couch. “Oh, yeah,” she snickered. “I forgot.”

I put everything down on the counter and walked over to where she sat. She looked amazing in her tiny plaid shorts and her
hair piled high on her head. Her cheeks were flushed with the alcohol coursing through her veins, and her eyes were heavy with sleep. Jet lag was affecting the both of us.

I sat down and ran the pad of my thumb over one of the shadows forming under her eyes. “You need rest,” I murmured.

“We need to unpack,” she countered.

“We’ve time.”

She scooted closer to me and threw her leg over my hip. Her body was warm against mine, inviting. Her nipples peeked out of the thin, white fabric of her tank top, and I couldn’t help but let my hand skim over it. It pebbled with the movement, and Bella’s eyes instantly closed as she pushed herself even closer to me.

“Baby,” she breathed, rolling her hips against me. “I miss you.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment