Monday, October 10, 2011

Dear Maggie Ch 9 Teaser

“I need a smoke, Bella.”

A giggle bubbled up out of my chest with his randomness. “I figured as much in the lounge. Do you want me to tell you no?”

He shook his head. “I want you to tell me it’s fine as long as I’m not anywhere near you.”

“It’s not. I would like to see you live long enough to be that badass surgeon you’re going to school for.”

“You know about that?”

“Of course. This is Forks, Edward.”

He let out a dry sound with that. “So that’s a no on the cigarette, then.”

“That’d be a no,” I confirmed.

He grumbled under his breath. “Shit. You’re going to kill me.”

“No, I’m not. I’m going to save you.”

An emotion flashed in his eyes, gone so quickly, I didn’t have time to think about it. “Okay, I’ll just go out to the car and put on another goddamned patch.”

“Thank you.”

“Go get some of that cake, yeah? Rosie’s pestering the hell out of me to get you back in there. Says she’s tired of being the only girl around here or some shit.”

“All right.”

“And don’t fucking touch anyone else.” His face softened as he reached out to cup my face. “You only touch me.”

I fought back a shiver uselessly and nodded. “Mm-kay.”

“And I only touch you,” he murmured.

“Yeah?” I whispered, searching his face. I wanted to kiss him, to feel him give that part of himself that he’d given only me. I’d longed for his lips to find mine again all week long.

A photo of Maggie flashed in my mind, and I instantly felt guilty. But it wasn’t enough to stop me from wanting him, needing him.

I didn’t think anything would.

--

Also, Dear Maggie was featured on Fictionators this week. I squealed. Maybe you heard me?

http://www.fictionators.com/rec/dear-maggie-by-jenny0719/

0 comments:

Post a Comment