Monday, October 4, 2010

While You Were Gone Ch 6 Teaser

Um... Hi. Sorry it's been a while since I've posted/written anything. I actually have been super busy with a friend's wedding (in three weeks), and I wrote one of the SN FGB2 outtake chapters last week instead of one of my WiPs.

So explanation over... here's the tease :)

--

Lauren came over and batted her eyelashes, trying to appear sexy. At least, that’s what I gathered from her thoughts. To me, she simply looked like she had something in her eye.

“When did you get back?” Jessica asked.

“My family and I came back last week,” I answered, glancing around quickly for Bella and staying as detached as possible during this conversation.

Lauren snorted. “Why would you ever want to come back to this hillbilly town?”

I dragged a hand through my hair. “Carlisle was needed here,” I replied. It wasn’t a complete lie.

“So do you have plans for college?” Jessica interjected.

“They’re changing,” I said vaguely, “but yes. Alice, Jasper, and I all do.”

“I can’t wait to get out of this town,” Lauren said snidely. “I bet you can’t wait either, Edward.”

“Well, I-“

“Because Bella Swan looks like shit,” she continued. “You’re lucky you got out when you did.”

“Excuse me?” I asked, dumbfounded.

Jessica giggled. “She really went downhill. I think she’s even gone a little crazy. God, I went to the movies with her a few months back, and I just about died from embarrassment. Avoid that freak at all costs.”

“You could do so much better,” Lauren said with a smirk.

I tensed with anger and had to keep focus on not snarling threateningly at the two of them as they continued obliviously bashing my mate. I went to defend her, unconcerned with scaring any of the other patrons in the diner by my monstrous demeanor, only to stop as I felt that hum in the air that signified Bella’s presence.

“I’ve got it,” she said low enough that only I could catch it.

Her scent wrapped itself around me, immediately calming me down. I took a hesitant step back and waited for Bella to make her move.

“Hey, baby. Sorry it took me so long.” Bella slid her hands over my chest and to my neck. She stood on her toes, bringing me down for a soft kiss. “I was watching the show,” she whispered with a glint in her eye.

I chuckled under my breath. “I just bet you were.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment