Monday, April 19, 2010

The Man Who Can't Be Moved Ch 24 Teaser

Posted on Fictionators as well... BtSatM teaser will come after I've finished this chapter. I swear, I'm trying to get back into the alternating-updates-cycle I was doing before I got blocked... *sigh*

--

"Was that a Bella ass pop I heard?" Emmett asked as I walked into the kitchen.

"It was."

He snickered.

I rummaged through the cupboards and refrigerator, finding nothing suitable to fix for breakfast other than sugary cereal and expired milk. I turned and faced Emmett and ran my hand through my hair before speaking.

"What are we supposed to eat if neither of our women have gone to the store lately?"

"BEC's, dude."

"What's a BEC?" I questioned.

"Bacon, egg, and cheese." He stared at me like I was some sort of strange, mythological creature he'd just caught sight of.

I made a face with the thought of eating all that greasy food from McDonald's. "That's disgusting."

"It's fucking awesome," he argued. "Don't you like McYuck's?"

"No. That's quite an apt description of it, though, Emmett."

He shrugged. "Suit yourself. There might be something in the freezer if you're lucky."

I opened the freezer to find ice cream, ice, and something I couldn't identify. Sighing, I pulled out my mobile and dialed the bakery Bella had mentioned she loved so many times and ordered for delivery.

"You gotten any of those tabloids lately?" Emmett asked, not looking up from the magazine in front of him.

"Zafrina usually has them delivered to my house, but I've not had a chance to look at them. Why?"

"Bella's face is on every single one Rosalie got in the mail last night."

Fuck.

"Let me see those." I hastily pulled them out of Emmett's hands and started rifling through them.

Pictures of Bella at USC, walking down the sidewalk, and into her apartment as well as pictures of the two of us together were splashed on every cover along with Tanya's face and captions like "Edward Masen's secret affair. Our exclusive with heartbroken Tanya Denali." and things that scandalized our relationship and Bella's age. There was even an article that claimed an exclusive interview with some random bloke at USC and stated that Bella frequently participated in threesomes and that was how we'd eventually met, because I obviously liked them young and felt it necessary to troll for girls on campus.

If I wasn't so worried about Bella's reaction, I might've laughed at the last bit. Bella was the first significantly younger girl I'd ever dated, yet this person writing the article implied that it almost compulsive for me.

It wasn't like being on the cover was unexpected, but somehow actually holding proof that people were going to take advantage of Bella and me for their own gain made it so much worse.

Bella's laughter filtered throughout the flat, and I quickly shoved the magazines toward Emmett in panic.

"Hide them," I hissed.

1 comments:

sugunary said...

Cannot wait to see Bella's reaction- maybe she'll crawl all over Zafrina for not doind something to head off the tabs

Post a Comment