Tuesday, January 18, 2011

While You Were Gone Chapter 11 Teaser

This teaser really has... nothing to do with the entire chapter. We're awful ;)

--


“The clinic’s done?” I blurted out.

Carlisle smiled at me. “It is. It should open to the public on Monday.”

“Huh.” Carlisle laughed at my surprise, so I quickly explained myself. “I just didn’t realize you’d been working on it so much.
Sorry,” I told him with a hot blush.

“You’d be amazed at what you can accomplish when you don’t sleep,” he responded.

I had no response to that. It seemed like all the vampires around me were busying themselves while I was sleeping.

“Before we go,” he continued, “I wanted to propose something to you all.”

Billy sat up a little straighter. “Which is?”

“I thought that maybe we could help with the tribe’s finances.”

A low murmur of shock went throughout the room. Paul sneered something to Sam, stopping only when he saw me watching him.

Jerk.

“I don’t know,” Billy said slowly.

“I understand your hesitance,” Carlisle responded, “but let me answer with this. We’ve considered you family since the moment Bella and Edward imprinted. With my daughter Alice’s… special abilities, we’ve done well for ourselves. It wouldn’t be a burden to help fund certain things the tribe needs help with.”

Billy still looked skeptical.

Edward interjected. “Believe me when I say that Alice has made Carlisle more money than one can possibly dream of.”

Billy was silent for a moment. “Can we think about it?”

0 comments:

Post a Comment